Every browser has its own link code or configuring the default homepages. Now, it might be confusing talking directly about the link code. Whenever you buy android smartphones, you have to integrate the handset; you need to access the default page. However, if you don’t prefer the default homepage of your browser, you can simply change it.
The link code ‘’content:/com.android.browser.home/’’ is one of the best link codes for accessing and changing the default page. Here, we’ll deeply explain about the link code ‘’content:/com.android.browser.home/’’.
When you purchase a smartphone, by default, any browser will be pre-installed. The common pre-installed browsers are Google Chrome or Opera browser. You’ll be automatically redirected to change your browser choice when you enter this link code in your default browser’s search bar. If you still cannot find the right way or struggle while changing the default browser, you have to dig deeper and find another way.
This link works with the default web browser and allows you to customize the homepage. It will work with any browser because whatever browser you are using is the default one. However, if the browser is not set to default, then this connection may show errors. For example, ‘ERR File Not Found’ which means the file is deleted or moved.
In some cases, you may also experience Error 404 on your screen. Most of the famous browsers require their users to use their own default homepage. These browsers are Google Chrome, Yahoo, Bing, and DuckDuckGo. However, if you don’t like the search engine, you can choose something else.
A Brief Overview About ‘’Content:/com.android.browser.home/’’
When you buy any android smartphone, you can pre-installed application with some extension browsers. When you click on any connection to open it, your browser automatically will ask you to open your desired window. Therefore, content:/com.android.browser.home/ has a special code connection. Therefore, an internet browser that enables users to set up the homepage.
- Open your default Google Chrome browser. Now, you have to click on the menu at the top right side of the screen.
- Now, you should click on the ‘Settings’ option. Scroll down in the submenu until you find the ‘Android Browser Setting.’ Simply, click on this option.
- Now, find the ‘General Settings’ and click on the homepage button.
- Finally, you have to enter the URL which you want to set as the default page.
Now, you can easily configure applications with your new or old Android home browser. If you are an Android user, all the settings are very familiar with every smartphone.
Your previous default browser synchronizes all the browsing data, including your social media data and emails. You have to always select your default browser wisely because the safety of your data is important. Most of the browsers save the data on their servers even after deleting it. In simpler words, you should always choose Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome as your default browser.
How To Set A Homepage On Your Default Browser Using ‘’content://com.android.browser.home/’’?
- Open the tab you want to set as your default browser. You will discover a menu option with three dots at the top right corner.
- To access the main settings, tap on this menu. You’ll see a settings icon that will appear on the dropdown menu.
- This menu will have the ‘’Set Homepage’’ option. Now, you have to tap on the settings options of the homepage; you’ll be directly prompted to enter the URL.
- Now, enter your favorite homepage site URL.
What Is The Alternative Way Of Selecting Default Homepage?
Every browser has its own separate way to select the default homepage. There is one more way of selecting the default homepage in your Android device. You no longer have to experience annoying ads that ask you to choose a browser.
- Open your default web browser and visit the homepage on your desired website.
- Now, click on the menu button and find the option, ‘’Save bookmarks on URL page.’’ When you use Chrome, press the star icon in the address bar.
- Now, push the menu button and look for the best bookmarks. But keep these bookmarks or the history page.
- An option will appear to set as the homepage on your screen.